Hi my dear frndz, hope u all had a great weekend...
Today's recipe is bread pudding which is a very popular bread-based dessert.This is a very simple version of pudding which is very rich, creamy and tastes awesome.
This pudding was made by my sisters , cuz I'm very bad at baking..:p
Here we have used bananas, apples and some dry fruits ,you can add any nuts, pieces of chocolate, lemon or orange zest, fresh fruits to the pudding for more flavor and texture.
It can be served warm or cold with a dusting of powdered sugar and a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Bread - 4-5 slices
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder - a pinch
- Custard powder - 1 tbsp
- Eggs - 3
- Milk - 2 cups
- Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 2 drops
- Bananas - 1 sliced
- Apples - 1/2 cup chopped
- Almonds, cashew nuts - 1/2 cup chopped
- Raisins - 1/4 cup
- In a bowl take milk and butter mix well.
- Take custard powder in a bowl add milk and make a paste.
- Mix this mixture to milk mixture, keep aside.
- In another bowl break eggs add cinnamon powder, vanilla essence, sugar. Mix well.
- Now add milk mixture and mix .
- Now in a microwave bowl spread the bread cut into small pieces / cubes, add raisins, bananas,apple, chopped almonds and cashew nuts now pour half of the mixture, place another layer of bread and pour the mixture over it.
- Make sure that all the bread pieces are soaked well in the milk-egg mixture.
- Bake the pudding at about 340 to 350o F for 45 to 50 mins or till it turns to light golden brown color.
- Serve warm or cold dusted with sugar.
Enjoy and Good luck :)