- Guava - fully ripe - 1 kg
- Sugar - 250 gms
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Butter / ghee - 1 tbsp
- Red food color
- Wash and cut the guavas into small pieces. Place in a large vessel and add equal quantity of water and boil till the guava pieces become soft and pulpy.
- Mash, strain and remove the seeds.
- In another vessel add the guava pulp and cook for a few minutes.
- Now add sugar, butter, lemon juice and red color. Mix well.
- Cook till it becomes thick with continuous stirring. Do not let it stick to the bottom.
- Grease a plate and pour the mixture on it.
- Let the mixture cool completely.
- Cut into squares and store.