Papdi are flat crispy deep fried breads used in various preparations of chaats.
- Gram flour/ besan - 2 cups
- Ajwain / carom seeds -1/4 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Soda bicarbonate - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - to fry
- Mix all ingredients, add water little by little to make very soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls. Roll out each ball into a chapati and cut into diamond shapes.
- Now heat oil in a wok and deep fry on medium flame till golden and crisp.
- Drain and cool to crisp further.