|•||Pure ghee||3 tablespoons|
|•||Green cardamom powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|•||Mawa (khoya)||1 cup|
- Roast the cashew nuts, almonds and set aside for the garnish.
Peel, wash and grate the carrots.
- Put the carrots in a cooker, add 2 cups of water and 2 cups of milk and pressure cook until two whistles or till the carrot is tender.
- Add sugar, mawa and cardamom powder and stir-fry for three to four minutes until the milk evaporates.
- Heat pure ghee in a thick-bottomed pan, add the halwa and saute for five minutes or till the halwa starts to leave the side of frying pan. Mix well, stirring continuously.
- Continue to cook for two minutes more.
- Garnish with chopped & roasted cashew nuts, sliced almonds and raisins.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.